Plate Fin Heat Exchanger
Our aluminium plate-fin heat exchangers (PFHEs) are key components in many process plants. Their compact footprint helps save space and costs in a wide range of facilities, including air separation plants, petrochemical and gas treatment plants as well as natural gas and helium liquefaction plants.
Our PFHEs are brazed in vacuum furnaces without using flux. This means that all cores are delivered completely free from corrosive residue and post-brazing cleaning steps are not required.
Highlights of our PFHEs:
- Tailor-made design
- Proven vacuum brazing technology
- High thermal efficiency through variable fin configurations
- Aluminium alloys for optimum heat exchange between clean gases and liquids at low temperatures
- Simultaneous heat exchange between multiple streams
- Suitable for single-phase and mixed-phase fluids
- Arrangement of streams in counter-flow, cross-flow or flow combinations
- Wide range of fin types with different surface areas for optimised equipment design
- Superior computer software for thermal and hydraulic design
ALPEMA For Plate Fin Heat Exchanger : –
Linde Engineering is also one of the founding members of the Aluminium Plate-Fin Heat Exchanger Manufacturers Association (ALPEMA).
The cost of plate-fin heat exchangers is generally higher than conventional heat exchangers due to a higher level of detail required during manufacture. However, these costs can often be outweighed by the cost saving produced by the added heat transfer.
Plate-fin heat exchangers are generally applied in industries where the fluids have little chances of fouling. The delicate design as well as the thin channels in the plate-fin heat exchanger make cleaning difficult or impossible.
Flow arrangement for Plate Fin Heat Exchangers : –
In a plate-fin heat exchanger, the fins are easily able to be rearranged. This allows for the two fluids to result in crossflow, counterflow, cross-counterflow or parallel flow. If the fins are designed well, the plate-fin heat exchanger can work in perfect countercurrent arrangement